Knowing which weight loss foods to build your diet around and which to avoid is a vital key to your weight loss success. The best weight loss foods can really accelerate your progress, while the worst can be total roadblocks.
The problem is however, there’s a lot of confusion and misunderstanding that surrounds this subject.
Many sub-standard foods are often embraced by women who believe them to be healthy. Many fantastic foods are often neglected because their benefits aren’t really properly understood. And to cap it all off, there are hundreds of supposedly healthy and “diet-friendly” foods out there that are in fact junk food in disguise.
If you hope to get anywhere with your weight loss, you MUST learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Understanding the Role of Weight Loss Foods
It’s important to understand that what makes foods good or bad for you isn’t whether or not they’re low fat or low carb. In fact, terms like these have been used more so to mislead people than anything else. And they’re still doing so today – to promote phony health products and weight loss products and diets.
The first fact to always remember is that no weight loss food, whether it’s genuine or not so genuine, has any magical powers.
Weight loss basically works like this:
The only way in which your body can lose weight is by creating a calorie deficit. That means you need to consume fewer calories than you burn on a daily basis. It’s as simple as that.
If you maintain a calorie deficit, you WILL lose weight.
Now of course, that makes it sound like you can eat whatever you want, as long as you keep your calories in check, and everything will be OK. In which case, weight loss foods can be anything you want them to be, right?
Well, yes and no.
You see, in the immediate-term there’s no denying you certainly can lose weight eating nothing but junk food – as long as you consume fewer calories than you burn. That’s the rule.
But after a while, your body adapts to what you’ve been feeding it. And THAT’S where the quality of the foods you’ve been eating starts to make a difference. That’s where the real weight loss foods are separated from the junk.
Eating the right foods will cause your body to become a fat burning machine, rather than a fat-storing machine, which will of course help your weight loss to progress all the more quickly and easily.
So you see, making the wrong food choices makes weight loss very difficult to sustain. Choosing the best foods for weight loss, on the other hand, will streamline the whole process for you.
The Benefits of Choosing the Best Foods For Weight Loss
Some of the benefits you can expect from focusing you diet on the best weight loss foods are:
- You’ll keep your metabolism running as fast as possible, so that your body’s burning as many calories for you as possible each day.
- You’ll make your body as efficient as possible at burning fat.
- You’ll maximize your energy level, to help you exercise more effectively and generally feel better throughout the day.
- You’ll minimize your risks of diet-related illnesses such as heart disease, various types of cancer, diabetes, stroke, and of course obesity.
- You’ll ensure that your blood sugar level is well-controlled. This provides great health benefits and also reduces the tendency for your body to store fat.
- You’ll avoid cravings caused by various junk foods, which make it almost impossible for you to control your calorie intake.
And the list goes on.
And of course, perhaps the greatest benefit of eating only the best weight loss foods is that you avoid suffering all the damaging effects to your health and weight loss that eating the wrong types of food brings.