Below is one of the most motivating and uplifting videos I have ever seen. It’s a collage of interview snippets with actor Will Smith, who talks about the power of our words and thoughts to determine our success in life.
I watch this video at least a few times a week to constantly remind myself of of how powerful we are to determine our own destiny, and to not waste that power. I think it’s well worth watching again and again.
The main rules of success that Will Smith talks about are:
- Greatness exists in all of us.
- Where you are now doesn’t matter to where you’re going.
- No matter how talented you are, your talent will fail you if you don’t dedicate yourself to working hard and becoming better every day.
- There is nothing you can’t do, we can create whatever we want to create.
- You don’t set out to achieve big things, you set out to do little things very well and keep repeating that.
- We all have a responsibility to do good and make the world a better place, if we don’t then we’re wasting our time.
- The first step to achieving any success is that you have to believe it, before anyone else does.
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity – you have to believe that anything that has happened for the last 50,000 years can change.
- Your thoughts, feelings, ideas and dreams are physical, with them you can bend the universe to make it become what you want it to become.
- There is a redemptive power that making a choice has, rather than feeling that you’re at effect to all the things that are happening.
- To achieve great success you need to have an almost desperate, obsessive focus.
- You need to attack the things that you’re scared of.
- You can’t be scared to die for the truth, it’s the only constant.
- You must protect your dream.
Your email address will be totally secure. We hate spam as much as you do, and we will NEVER pass your details on to anyone else.