My Top 5 Workout Tips:
- Form comes first – proper form means effective workouts and no injuries. If you can’t do an exercise with good form, you’re using too much weight. It’s OK to have to “cheat” a little for the last rep or two of a set, but that’s it.
- Use your full range of motion – don’t do half-exercises because they’re too hard, like a pushup that only goes half way down or a pullup that only goes half way up. If you can’t do the full range, you’re using too much weight, back it off and do the whole exercise, then work your way up in weight.
- Breathe!!! – Don’t hold your breath when you work, it can be damaging. Exhale when you exert.
- Work your whole body – that means all muscle groups, not just your favorites. I once met a trainer who had a chiseled upper body and skinny bird legs – ridiculous! Selective training can also cause imbalances that lead to injuries.
- Keep hydrated – dehydration hurts your workout performance.
Your email address will be totally secure. We hate spam as much as you do, and we will NEVER pass your details on to anyone else.