Below is one of the most motivating and uplifting videos I have ever seen. It’s a collage of interview snippets with actor Will Smith, who talks about the power of our words and thoughts to determine our success in life.
I watch this video at least a few times a week to constantly remind myself of of how powerful we are to determine our own destiny, and to not waste that power. I think it’s well worth watching again and again.
The main rules of success that Will Smith talks about are:
- Greatness exists in all of us.
- Where you are now doesn’t matter to where you’re going.
- No matter how talented you are, your talent will fail you if you don’t dedicate yourself to working hard and becoming better every day.
- There is nothing you can’t do, we can create whatever we want to create.
- You don’t set out to achieve big things, you set out to do little things very well and keep repeating that.
- We all have a responsibility to do good and make the world a better place, if we don’t then we’re wasting our time.
- The first step to achieving any success is that you have to believe it, before anyone else does.
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity – you have to believe that anything that has happened for the last 50,000 years can change.
- Your thoughts, feelings, ideas and dreams are physical, with them you can bend the universe to make it become what you want it to become.
- There is a redemptive power that making a choice has, rather than feeling that you’re at effect to all the things that are happening.
- To achieve great success you need to have an almost desperate, obsessive focus.
- You need to attack the things that you’re scared of.
- You can’t be scared to die for the truth, it’s the only constant.
- You must protect your dream.